If we asked you how Creators become successful, what would your answer be? Solid design skills? Hard work? A high quality catalog? Consistent marketing? All of these would be true, but they don’t address one of the most important aspects of being a successful Creator: keeping your IMVU Shop in good standing.
When your catalog and account do not comply with our Terms of Service, you may be missing out on FREE opportunities that are great for your business.
For instance, you could be disqualified from:
- Winning a Creator Contest
- Earning a featured spot in the IMVU Discover Feed
- Getting promoted in the Creator Newsletter
- Being highlighted on IMVU Social Media channels
You could even be disqualified from running paid Creator Ad Campaigns.
IMVU wants you to be successful, and it’s deeply disappointing when Terms of Service violations prevent you from promoting your shop. So we’ve put together a few tips to keep your IMVU Shop in good standing:
- Respect the intellectual property rights of others. If your shop includes Copyrighted and Trademarked material that you don’t own, you are going against IMVU’s Terms of Service. Never submit items with brands, logos, trademarked material, etc., unless you have the explicit permission of the property owner.
- Follow the IMVU Virtual Goods Rating Policy. Be sure to correctly assign your products to the General Audience (GA) or Access Pass Only (APO) categories. Also, do not submit products that are Unfit for IMVU (UFI). Our Virtual Goods Rating Policy provides more details.
- Observe the IMVU Community Guidelines. As a member of the IMVU Community, it is your responsibility to follow the Community Guidelines.
- BONUS TIP! Our “How to get on Discover” Video gives you some handy guidelines on what content is and isn’t allowed on IMVU. Take a look.
IMVU understands that people make mistakes, and puts less weight on older violations. But repeated abuses, especially recent ones, may result in being disqualified from opportunities.
Help your Creator business thrive by following the IMVU Terms of Service!