IMVU Studio is our next generation creator tool, currently in development. It will serve as the foundation for new features and optimizations on IMVU Desktop and Mobile, allowing Creators to take their products to a whole new level.
We are offering IMVU Studio as an early Beta, introducing several new features including normal and specular maps, new lighting and a fresh new user interface.
What To Expect from Beta
IMVU Studio is a new platform built from the ground up for both Mac and Windows. Expect to encounter bugs, stability and performance issues. Studio will be continuously updated during this phase and quality will improve with each iteration. We will also be rolling out key features as we move through Beta.
We strongly feel that getting our community involved in the development of your tools early will result in a better product for everyone. Besides, you know your creative process better than we do! We’re excited to get your thoughts, feedback, suggestions and bug reports as we move forward.
- Normal and specular maps
- Derivation catalog built into Studio
- Control over submesh/material assignments
- New user interface
- Better security for your assets and project files
Stand Alone App
IMVU Studio is a new stand-alone client. After reviewing your feedback, we concluded that separating Studio and Desktop would result in smaller downloads, allow independent development on each app, and improve the experience for both users and Creators
The underlying structure of how products are created has remained the same in IMVU Studio. About 90% of existing products in our catalog will be derivable into Studio . If you are familiar with Classic Create Mode, you should be able to start creating products in IMVU Studio in no time.
New Features Coming Soon
These will be exposed in future releases
- Spotlights – Control cone angle, brightness and falloff
- Shadow Maps – Spotlights will have the ability to cast a shadow
- Undo/Redo – Step backwards or forward in your edit history
- Increased Texture Map Sizes – Support 1024 x 1024 texture sizes
- Particle System Panel – Particle System 2.0 coming soon
Participating in the Program
Who Can Participate
If you are currently enrolled in the Creator Program, you will have access to IMVU Studio! You are welcome to download Beta and try it out. We appreciate your help and support in this stage of development!
Download IMVU Studio Beta
- Intro to IMVU Studio
- Making a Shirt
- Making An Accessory
- Making Furniture
- Upload a Product Through IMVU Studio
- Upload A Product Through IMVU Studio – Edit Product Information
Importing Projects and Files
- Import a Project from Classic to IMVU Studio
- Importing FBX to IMVU Studio
- FBX Export (Blender) in IMVU Studio
- FBX Import – Frequently Asked Questions
- FBX Tips & Tricks
Actions and Animations