Got a question about the Creator In Residence Program? We’re here to answer! If you don’t see your question here, please send us an email to email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
The IMVU Creator In Residence Program (CIR) offers Creators time to explore their work more deeply and to experiment, while sharpening their design skills and forming a stronger understanding of new IMVU technologies. The Creators in Residence (CIRs) gain priority access to the IMVU staff and resources, fostering a collaborative experience between CIRs and IMVU.
The residencies are designed to serve IMVU Creators with advanced design skills and at least a basic understanding of IMVU Studio. We are looking for both established and emerging Creators, from all over the world.
The Creator In Residence Program provides opportunities for advanced IMVU Creators to expand their artistic skills and hone their craft.
Creators who comply with the following criteria can apply to the Creator In Residence Program:
- Advanced design skills.
- Current IMVU Creator in good standing.
- IMVU Catalog and IMVU Account must be in line with IMVU’s Terms of Service (TOS) and Creator Agreement and Policy.
- At least 1 year of experience.
- Have access to high-speed internet and email.
- Must be able to speak basic English.
- Experience with IMVU Studio.
- 18 years or older.
You can submit an application form to the IMVU Creator Team with the following information:
- Letter of interest that contains:
- Your full name.
- Your email address.
- Your country code and phone number.
- An explanation of why you are interested in participating in the IMVU Creator In Residence Program.
- A URL to a portfolio of your most recent products on IMVU’s Desktop platform.
- Optional: a link to other 2D and 3D digital work outside of IMVU.
The Creator In Residence Program benefits are as follows:
- Work more deeply, experiment, and sharpen design skills.
- Funding allows Creators more time to explore their artistry.
- Gain deeper understanding of IMVU technologies.
- Access to IMVU Studio 1.0 peer and developer support.
- Become part of IMVU CIR network.
- Continue creating and selling items on IMVU Shop during residency.
- Promoted by IMVU as Creator Expert and Mentor.
- Priority access to the IMVU Staff and resources.
- Collaborative projects with IMVU Staff.
- Direct support from IMVU Staff.
The residency will last 4 months. The upcoming residency will start February, 2023 and it will end around late May, 2023.
We will provide further information about additional residencies during the following weeks.
The potential projects could be GA and AP rooms with furniture, clothing, accessories, and possibly animations.
Mentoring could include demoing creating techniques in live learning sessions, recording videos and writing articles on creator techniques, answering questions from other Creators.
The exact activities would be determined by the CIR and IMVU together, based on the CIR’s interests and IMVU’s needs.
We are looking for folks who are 18 or older.